Day 16: Situation Normal

I am beginning to focus my attention on different and arguably more important activities my blog posts are going to need to become shorter. Today was a pivotal day. Allow me to bring you up to speed.

Yesterday, I had felt sluggish, tired, and lazy, so while I did execute the P90X Chest & Back workout, I shirked the abdominal routine. My pull-ups/chin-ups continue to be weak, and I've also noticed a disparity between how different fitness gurus define them. For Tony Horton a closed grip overhand pull-up is markedly similar to a chin-up. Is his difference one of clearance over the bar, it's all Greek to me. Comparatively, Nick Nilsson differentiates pull-ups as being closer to shoulder width. Incidentally, Wikipedia has an incredible web page devoted to the pull-up.

Also, I've just noticed the Ab Ripper X workout is laced behind the chest and back workout... is this the same on the other strength training workouts? I will have to pay better attention, as I've been switching discs.

The real news was that today I completed both the Ab Ripper X and Plyometrics routines in their entirety. Further, I only paused for a brief period amidst the Ab Ripper routine (while pausing) to guarantee I would have the gas for a full completion. I've also begun to notice that Tony's minions don't really hit the ground during the Mason Twist. Amy McCauley better demonstrates an accurate Mason Twist so as to target the external obliques. The P90X program has a macho feel, and it may more fruitful to approach this exercise in a slower, controlled fashion. The demonstration team on the P90X video are all in fantastic shape, but there isn't a singular style of approach between them. It is fun to go fast though.


Mason Twist Exercise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.