Day 10: Shoulders & Arms, and Back?

So I've been quite bad about updating my P90X blog, my apologies. Today I will be doing the Shoulders & Arms training, but there are some important points I have noticed since beginning P90X Classic Training:

1. Since beginning the program just over a week ago, it is clear that my endurance and strength have improved measurably in several areas. This has allowed me to get through nearly all the Plyometrics DVD without extended breaks, and I have noticed increased strength in both my abdominal, shoulders, and back... to a degree.

2. Although I can tell certain modifications are helping to increase my strength, I know I have a large hurdle to clear insofar as pull-up repetitions. While I have done many push-ups in the past, and even purchased the "Perfect Pushup" this really only helps to increase my chest strength/size, and does little to build my back.

In fact, the Latissimus Dorsi muscles have among the quickest recovery time in the whole body, and really require lots of training to be able to not only strengthen, but grow. More about my multi-stage effort to build the future regions into come...

However, the question remains: how much effort on a weak muscle group is too much? Further, if the muscles require more time than 12 weeks to truly stretch and grow, then how should a longer-range plan be developed. I know these are not questions normally asked by the typical P90X practitioner, but they bear relevance. What do you think?

I'm a big believer in the snowballing effect of achievement. Last week, I struggled; this Monday past, I took a 4-mile run, then did Chest & Back. Some fitness gurus offer advice toward understanding the biomechanics and attainment of a chin-up. I've miles of effort to go, but hopefully with continued effort and education, I will get there. I'd love to hear your input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.